Walking Ecology field seminars are being planned for the second half of 2021, after a long coronavirus haitus. To accomodate smaller group sizes and other CDC protocols in place to keep our users safe, the format of the upcoming Walking Ecology series, "What's to Love about the Coastal Sage Scrub" will be delivered via Zoom on Thursday evenings with field trips to follow on the following Friday and Saturday mornings.
Pre-registration for both the talk and the associate field trips will be liimited. The talks are free; registration for the walks is $20 per person.
- Join our mailing list to receive registration information on seminars and walks.
- Class organization begins at 8:30 on the steps of the Tipton Meeting House unless noted otherwise.
- You will be asked to sign a University of California Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement;
- Sturdy walking or hiking shoes are recommended. Tennis shoes are permitted, sandals are not.
- Long pants and long sleeves are recommended (we do have ticks!)
- Wear a hat & apply sunscreen
- Bring plenty of water and a trail snack
- Hikes will not take place in or following periods of rain. If you are unsure of the weather, we will leave a message on the Reserve’s answering machine (805) 686-1941 advising of any cancellation.
- Please leave your dog at home. They are not allowed on the trails and the parking area is not shaded.